Wednesday, November 19, 2008

$10,664,991,205,653.95

$10,664,893,220,016.52

 

Isn’t it strange how you can sit online and watch the American deficit go up in real time?

 

 (That isn’t exactly relevant to what I plan on writing today, but whoa!)

 

If you don’t find that a little peculiar and even kind of, shall we say, horrifying? – I daresay you might want to get your head checked.

 

I also think that it is peculiar how things always tend to go full circle, and most of the time one door closes and another opens almost shockingly. Things can be so unexpected yet still so beneficial or detrimental to your life. Not to get all physics-y on you here, but every action has an equal and opposite reaction. I believe this to be true in a philosophical kind of way as well. That is probably a rant for another time as well.

 

Since I am getting so caught up on starting to rant about something and then saying I’ll save it for another time, I guess I will just go through my day.

 

It’s been a series of ups and downs, as always, and that’s how life should be. (Like the business cycle! Now $10,664,940, 286,151.35) I firmly believe that you should take the good with the bad to balance everything out. Now, being a teenager, even if things did work out to be this way in our real every day lives, it would never feel like this. I get that, totally.

 

So, I woke up and watched the news while I had my morning coffee. I have decided some of us may be better off not watching the news these days. The stories that the media publicizes are just the kind of things that make you lose all faith in humanity. It’s terrifying to feel as though you can’t go outside and trust a stranger on the street. Of course you shouldn’t be overly and openly inviting strangers into your life, but you shouldn’t have to be living in fear of them, either. I have never taken the line, “STRANGER DANGER!” so seriously.

 

After my morning rituals were done with I went to a public school, where I failed to learn anything and maintain my 3.8 with seemingly no effort. After that was done with I went to Quiz Bowl and practiced knack for random tidbits of knowledge.  When that was done with I went home and ate like a horse. (What else is new?)

 

Then I found out that the man who taught me how passionate I am for music and the guitar is taking an early retirement from instructing to go travel and record. I know he’ll do well in life and he is on the right path. I love him dearly and it will be very hard to see him go.

 

Now I find myself checking the nation’s deficit obsessively and watching a documentary on kleptomania. How educational? I think this is about it for me tonight.

 

With peace and love,

-Angie

 

PS- $10, 664,971,250,713.74

 

That’s an increase of $78,030,697.22 during the time it took me to write the bog. YIKES!

3 comments:

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of God said...

Great blog! How interesting that I have also chosen not to watch the news for the very reasons you cite. The National Debt is one of the scariest things I've ever seen...

AngieAnalyzed said...

Thanks!

Not to mention that the news is so biased, too. It's disgusting. Especially first thing in the morning, it's become a terrible way to start off. Like waking up on the wrong side of the bed, I guess.

I find the national debt to be outrageous. I just don't understand how one can be so far gone to begin with, but to think you'll ever recover from it is something I have yet to grasp. I believe that eventually, due to the nature of the business cycle things will get settled, but it's not looking good at all. They say the night is darkest before the dawn, though.

Racefan said...

Great blog.I really enjoyed your view points.